What is Residential Housing?
Our Residential Housing Service provides accommodation to tangata whaiora who can live independently in the community.
– Complete Application Form
– Make appointment / interview via online facebook and/or; website page
– Attend appointment with support person and/or; reference i.e. Clinical Team or CLS Worker
– Whare Tiaki Hauora will review the application form and interview guide and will respond to your application within 24 hours after the initial appoinment
– If successful you will then be given another appointment to finalise your tenancy agreement
– If we have no vacancies at the time, you will be placed on our waiting list to be reviewed at our next intake.
What are the requirements?
– Self Medicate
– Participate in household chores, weekly shopping, weekly meetings and cooking duties i.e. dinner
– Rent payments need to be supplied by redirection of benefit from Work and Income or via direct debit and/or; automatic payment
Roles & Responsibilities
Application and/or; interview and selection process. management and maintenance issues
Tenancy Agreements, work and income correspondence, key management, eviction notices and rent payments
Conduct weekly household meetings, weekly shopping, allocate household chores and any other issues that may arise
Termination of Tenancy Agreement
A boarding house tenant may terminate the tenancy with 48 hours notice
A boarding house landlord may terminate a tenancy immediately if the tenant has caused or threatened to cause
– Serious damage to the premises
– Danger to people or property
– Serious disruption to others
Within 48 hours notice if:
– The tenant fails to remedy rent arrears within 10 days of receiving a notice to do so
– The tenant has used or permitted the premises to be used for an illegal purpose
– The rent is in arrears and/or; the tenant has abandoned the room